Department of Agriculture
The Agriculture Department give advice on policy plans, programmes and projects for agricultural development in the municipality.
- They facilitate monitoring and evaluation of district and regional programmes and projects within the framework of national policy and coordinate the activities of the regional and municipal agricultural development units.
- Facilitate the preparation of agricultural development plans, programme and budget.
- Ensure preparation of consolidated annual, regional and district agricultural work programmes.
- Facilitate the preparation and submission of reports on all agricultural projects and programmes.
- Provides technical advice to the Regional Coordinating Councils and the Municipal Assemblies.
- Facilitate efficient utilization of resources for agricultural programmes and projects.
- Provide agricultural services to clients.