The department exists in facilitating the development of vibrant cooperative enterprises that are capable of contributing to sustainable employment generation, poverty reduction, evaluation and regulation based on beliefs on cooperate ethics.
- Formation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes to regulate and promote cooperative activities.
- Registration of qualified cooperative societies.
- Formation and sensitization of new societies
- Audit of existing cooperative societies.
- Monitoring and inspection routine visits.
- Arbitration/Conflict resolution.